Thursday, August 29, 2013

June 2013 - Welcome Adrian, Matt & Laura!

One more group of new missionaries!  It is always fun to get to know some great young men and women.  They are going to be great missionaries!

 Matt and Laura are here!  I forgot my camera for Adrian's arrival, I should have made her re-inact the moment.
 We had to go to Catacaos for an interview Chad had so we decided to take the scenic route through Piura to show Matt, Laura and Adrian some of the city.  As we drove by the Stake Center in Castilla, here came a herd of cows up the road to welcome us.
 Adrian, Laura, Matt at the Church in Catacaos waiting for Chad.  We are standing in front of a benji tree, they are everywhere here.
 Chad, Matt, Laura, Adrian
standing in the central plaza in Catacaos
 In front of the plaza is this cathedral.  I think it is one of the prettiest I have seen.  Along the side are statues of Christ, His apostles and Mary.  It is quite impressive.

Christ is in the middle with his apostles on both sides.  I even got a moto-taxi passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment