Thursday, January 30, 2014

Aguas Calientes November 2013

We took a train to a little city called Aguas Calientes which is at the base of the mountains where Machu Picchu is located.  It was a cute little touristy town, kind of a Park City of Peru.  Lots of little shops and treasures to be found.  I love the woven blankets, the bright colors.  Anyway we had a couple of hours here before our bus ride up to Machu Picchu.  It was fun to wander around (carrying our winter gear because it was not cold!).
 

 The city has lots of hills, we are looking mighty touristy.
 Cool statue in the main plaza

 Pretty church by the plaza
I love
this little lady, once upon a time this was the typical dress, not so much any more.

A view from our bus window as we ride up to Machu Picchu, I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment