This month we said good bye to two missionaries, Elder Vasquez and Hermana Vargas. I keep telling them if I'm still here they should stay too! What good missionaries, they will be greatly missed.
Hermana Vargas, me, Chad, Elder Vasquez
Elder Vasquez
Hermana Vargas -- When Matt and Laura were here with us a couple of months ago, Laura went out to work with Hna. Vargas and her companion, Hna. Burton. It was a good experience for Laura and Hna. Vargas just loved her. A few weeks later I was talking to Hna. Vargas and she asked me how "Barbie" was doing. I looked puzzled and she just started laughing and said that a few of the people they had visited that night were asking about Laura but they called her Barbie. So now Hna. Vargas always asks me how Barbie is and we have a good laugh. I am so going to miss her!
Oh, another Hna. Vargas memory! One night in the Clinica Belen Chad had an appointment with one of the drs. and so did Hna. Vargas. The Clinica is a series of lines to wait in and if you are not careful you can lose your place in line (you have to be a little pushy). Chad was trying to be polite and getting "butted" out of place. Hna. Vargas was also there that night and she just pushed her way thru and fought off the crowds and helped Chad stay in line. It was pretty comical since she is about the size of a 10 year old. Hna. Vargas has great inner strength and has faithfully endured her challenges. She is an example to me and all that have had the opportunity to meet her. Ok, I am really going to miss her!
Sounds like a neat sister!!
ReplyDeleteMan, I want to come back! Hermana Vargas is such a neat sister- I feel privileged I was able to get to spend the day with her. No I am not Barbie- But she is hilarious!
ReplyDelete